Board Certified Family Law Specialist in San Antonio, TX
Only 720 of the 70,000 attorneys in Texas have met the rigorous criteria and testing to become Board Certified in Family Law.
Christine Tharp, Attorney at Law in San Antonio, Texas, is specialized in the area of family law with extensive trial and mediation experience. Ms. Tharp has experience in representing both male and female clients, Parents, Children, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, older siblings and Foster Parents.Ms. Tharp has real life experience as a Parent, Step-Parent, Spouse and Ex-Spouse.
Standing Up for Your Rights
When it comes to family issues, you need someone who knows the system. I have helped many clients through the daunting legal issues related to:
- Child Custody
- Modifications of Prior Orders
- Name Changes
- Paternity and Parentage
- Post Divorce Property Partition Division of Property Enforcement
- Child Support Enforcement - Prosecuting & Defending
- Delinquent Child Support Collection- based on Decrees and child support orders rendered from the 1960's forward. Even if the Statute of Limitations has run on enforcement by Contempt, judgements and wage withholding orders are always available.
- Visitation rights and Enforcement
- Pre-Marital Agreements and Co-Habitation Agreements
- Grandparents’ rights
- Simple Wills, Directives to Physicians and Medical Powers of Attorney
Pre-Lawsuit and/or Pre- Divorce Planning
Knowledge can be a 'game-changer' in litigation. If there is a possibility that a family law related suit will be filed by you or anyone else, schedule a consultation to plan for and to strategize. Know your rights and options. Preventative measuresare also options everyone needs to explore.
Changing family relationships can be a very difficult and stressful path. When your family relationships have been forced into the legal system it can be one of the most frightening experiences of your life. It is our job to help you navigate your case through the complex court system while protecting your rights. We care about your situation. From our initial consultation, my assistants andI will work with you every step of the way to ensure that you understandyour rights, duties and options. We also advise you on how to deal with the opposing party, the problems and irritations which commonly arise. While the ultimate decisions on your future will be yours I will make the legal decisions and advise you on the the upsides and downsides of the decisions you will ultimately have to consider. We will offer guidance and resources on how best to get yourself and your children through this emotional maze. Working to settle your family issues out of court through mediation, is our first goal, however, there will be no hesitation to go to court to litigate your case if a reasonable compromise is not a possibility. Our primary focus will be on you, the client, but we never lose sight of the best interests of your Children/Grandchildren.
Contact me to schedule an appointment so that we can discuss your case in depth.
Rely on us to help guide you through the stressful legal process of divorce. We specialize in custody agreements, property arrangements and more.
Contact us today for a consultation regarding your divorce. We have extensive experience on the intricacies of divorce law, and are sensitive to your needs.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, 1980
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization 1988 and re-certified every 5 year period thereafter
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Fellow, State Bar College
- AV®Rated Lawyer with Martindale-Hubbell® *
- S.A. Scene Magazine "Best Family Law Attorneys" 2013 & previous years
- Legal Leaders - Texas Top Rated Lawyers of 2014
- Past President, Vice President & Treasurer of the San Antonio Family Lawyers Association (the Board Certified* Family Bar of Bexar County)
- American Bar Association Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas - Family Law, Animal Law, Technology, American Indian and Litigation Sections
- San Antonio Bar Association, Past Chair of Fee Dispute Comittee & Family Law Section